"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Friday, March 28, 2014

Stinky Thinking



The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking.  It cannot be changed without changing our thinking."  Albert Einstein

When you get ready to battle your demons, moderating your self-talk goes a long way toward developing a more healthy mindset.  Because we respond emotionally to our perception of events, one component of anger management is to reign in what I call, stinky thinking.  Check out this worksheet which defines eight different types of unhelpful (stinky)  thinking:

http://media.psychologytools.org/Worksheets/English/Unhelpful_Thinking_Styles.pdf

I wish I could say I've never thought this way, but I can say I continue to catch myself and keep my focus on improvement.   How are you doing on these?