"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

.
Yes, they are stinky.  It's a fact...nothing to argue about there.  But there was still a conflict. I like hard-boiled eggs.  I eat them for breakfast, on my salads, make egg salad sandwiches, eat them as a snack.  I would probably eat a dozen of them everyday if not for my cholesterol.  They are cheap, full of nutrition, tasty, etc. etc, etc.
  So?  The young man that shares my life and my home since he was born hates the smell of hard-boiled eggs and always has.  He doesn't like them...not one bit.  I was oblivious to this fact until yesterday.  For the past 20 plus years. hard-boiled eggs have existed in my home at various times, quite consistently.  Now they are a bone of contention.
  There was a heated exchange with each party drawing a line in the sand.  A stalemate...no solution in sight.  A slight truce was made...the sun went down on this issue.
  With a new day came some give and take.  Once there was a chance for the heat of the situation to die down, reasoning returned.  Some compromise...some alternatives emerged.  What once seemed like one of those "agree to disagree" kinds of issues is now one which is basically a compromise.
  Eggs can be prepared and stored in such a way as the sensitive nose is not offended.  Simple solutions...obvious ones....but solutions that were not apparent in the "heat of the battle".
  Our minds are not always available when we need them.  There is something to be said for "sleeping on it".  Gives the frontal lobe its chance to work.